Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Would appreciate help 310c :(

Mifun3 · 2019-07-29 06:15

Hi! MIke from NB CANADA Bought a 1987 310c backhoe yesterday as is Backhoe has no forward or reverse Also doesnt start with key Got repair operators and parts but no wiring diagrams Did some tests yesterday , bypassed neutral safety switch and machine started. Kinda leaning towards reverser actuator not engaging gears neither neutral which isn't engaging neutral switch Any thoughts thanks in advance Mike

Replies10
  1. #1kshansen2019-07-29 07:14

    I don't have access to wiring diagram but one suggestion would be to include in your post a S/N as I'm sure John Deere is just like Cat and for any one model number there could be several different versions of the wiring. Also a model number with out a manufacture can cause some confusion!

  2. #2Mifun32019-07-29 07:22

    1987 310c #T0310CF736695

  3. #3Delmer2019-07-29 11:07

    Don't lean, go through the manual one step at a time. Does it have a section "machine check out" that goes through the whole operation? I'd do that, and write down the results. Then you know all that's wrong with it. It will be much shorter because you have no movement, so many of the steps don't apply. Then go to the section on troubleshooting the problems you have, and continue step by step.

  4. #4Mifun32019-07-29 12:56

    I bought a pdf copy of technical manuel this morning wow whole new ball game lots of great info and steps to follow Anxious to do some testing

  5. #5kshansen2019-07-29 13:33

    Only had limited need to use the manual for the, 719D I believe it was at the quarry but as I recall it was one of the better manuals right up there with the Cat manuals! As with any trouble shooting being methodical and going one step at a time on a machine you are not familiar with is the best approach. Once you get better acquainted with a machine you can skip some steps but for the first time one at a time is best. And be sure to report back what you find. It will help the next guy who has a similar machine. And pictures are always welcome!

  6. #6Mifun32019-07-29 14:25

    Will do

  7. #7hosspuller2019-07-29 18:16

    You want Deere's TM1419 "Operation and Test" for electrical

  8. #8Mifun32019-07-29 19:17

    Yep got it this morning tm1419 Awesome info!

  9. #9hosspuller2019-07-29 19:26

    For future Deere Owners …. Deere 210C,310C & 315C Repair is TM1420

  10. #10Mifun32019-07-29 19:31

    I have 3 manuels The 1420 , operators manuel and engine manuel Bought tm1419 pdf this morning and recommend it for troubleshooting more then the tm1420 but at $35 worth buying both