Here is my crusty 1987 Case 1835C which spent most of it's life on the pacific coast. This is one reason why it looks like a boat anchor. I just got done rebuilding the Continental TMD20 diesel engine in it with new valves, valve guides, valve springs, oil pump, pistons, rings, bearings, reground cam and lifters, rebuild injection pump, new fuel and coolant hoses, water pump etc... Anyway I'm using it to help out with the dirt work on my home. The ground here is decomposed serpentine, with a bunch of clay. My machine is old enough that it does not have the newer quick attach system, if it did I would probably just go out a purchase a 60" toothed bucket. So, I am thinking of purchasing a tooth bar for my Gannon 4-in-1 bucket. Are these things worthwhile? I don't really want to spent $400 or so and end up disappointed, or worse yet tweak my existing bucket. Where would you purchase one from? I have found some that look decent online from Dirt works http://www.qualityweldingservice.com/bucketteeth.html I am located near Medford, Oregon if anyone knows of a quality manufacturer close to me please chime in. Thanks for your time, Peter
Bucket tooth bars are a bunch of garbage, they bend real easy, invest in some weld on or even bolt on teeth.
I know I have seen some real craptastic tooth bars, here is an example...
I agree with Ron...:beatsme just weld on some shanks and call her a day....
And here is a photo of a decent looking tooth bar from Dirt Works
i build my own but u never take them off For the money i buy a tooth bucket and spend the time pulling the pins to trade buckets u have 400+ in the tooth bar and just a little more in a used bucket
Who would you purchase weld on shanks & teeth? The front edge of my bucket is 4 X 1/2". With it being a 4-in-1 I would not mind having teeth permanently on the front of the bucket.
i like deer teeth i make it so the teeth can be changed
What about some weld on teeth like these? Would you use the clip style shank, or the surface mount? These are made by Fabco, and are about $13 each shipped...CHEAP
look at ebay item # 320224778638 10 - 2A style weld on shanks and replacable teeth for $90 I think these would be your best bet for the old girl. once you put them on, you won't take them off.
I bought 7 top mount 2A style shanks and teeth. I'll get them welded on soon. I figure with this style I can bolt on a 3/4 X 4" cutting edge under the teeth if I ever need to do any finish work.
I agree with everyone i dont like to tooth bar i have to bolt on individual teeth and i dont really like having all of them on i like to have two on the side and one in the middle just to help get started digging once ur in there its not that hard and with the bolt on ones u cant take an electric impact and have the teeth off farely quick!! If u dont want to spend alot of money my advice would be to buy about 3 bolt on teeth!!
I like this style of tooth bar
The bigger issue for me would be the lack of coupler. Fix that issue and you can have a dedicated tooth bucket and a smooth lipped bucket. I believe that the 1835C shares the exact same platform as the 1840 of which there are thousands of these machines around. I would confirm that the front quick coupler is interchangeable between the two machines. I would internet search equipment boneyards until you find a quick coupler and pull your old coupler off and throw it away. You will want to find the newer QC using the round stock between the hand levers. Pre 1995 they used a much lighter system which was not as desirable, not sure how picky you will be able to be. Machines after 1995 have the improved coupler.