Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

WTB: Case 1845c, Vic, Australia $10000

Jaffasoft ยท 2013-05-05 08:00

Posting on the odd chance someone might know of someone selling a Case 1845c in Victoria, Australia. Looking at spending up to $10000. Closer to Hamilton the better. For interests sack is this a 1845c? I did contact these ppl but it was a little bit to far away! http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bobcat-S...s-/281099180987?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2013-05-05 17:13

    Welcome Jaffasoft! The machine in the link is an early 1845. They were followed by the B & C models. $10k is a little on the cheap side for a C model in Australia. Not saying you wont find one, but you will have to wait a while & it will be a little rough around the edges. That one shown has a Case engine fitted & a planetary reduction between the drive motors & chaincase. The newer C model uses a CDC engine (Cummins) & eliminated the planetary drives - a much better option, well worth spending a few extra $$ on if you can find one.

  2. #2Jaffasoft2013-05-06 04:36

    Thanks. Thats what the C stands for then I imagine. CUMMINS. Hmmmm shell out a bit more dollars then i guess. What's more on the nail for a reasonable old 1845c. I had initially budgeted 10k for a truck and 10k for an old Bobcat. I'm very green and new to the game that much so that I have never even driven a Bobcat. Im sick of doing nothing and want to get into a new venture. Not to big just small jobs one or two here and there. A dealer in Melbourne accepted an offer on a 1987 Mitsubishi Tipper 3 tonne, dropsides, for 10k with RWC if I wanted to buy. I read last night I don't think a 1845 will even go on this. To heavy. My mind is open to options and will follow any leads. I thought even a smaller white Bobcat to start off with. The risk I guess if things don't work out and I sell up these things resell well and if it works out culd buy bigger gear later on. What part of Queensland you from hows the work up there? What can you make an hr

  3. #3The Learner2013-05-06 05:30

    gave a quick search on construction sales case 1840 $12000 http://www.constructionsales.com.au...om=1848&__Nne=15&trecs=133&__sid=13A6ADE28FDC bobcat s130 $15400 http://www.constructionsales.com.au...rom=1848&__Nne=15&trecs=70&__sid=13A6ADE28FDC just some close range machines give you a realistic view on whats around http://www.constructionsales.com.au...StockPrice_Decimal|1||p_StockRankSort_Int32|1

  4. #4Jaffasoft2013-05-06 08:42

    This is pretty cool! Wander if he'd take 13000. The details and history are limited. High hours though cant tell if it 12000hrs each or 6000hrs?? Ive read some don't go for the backhoe attachment but for starting out and looking for one of these machine getting a backhoe included would have to be a bonus. http://www.costlesstrader.com/costl...ralia-ff80818131b799110132036be78936bd-p.html

  5. #5The Learner2013-05-07 05:58

    Looks like he has 2 of the machines and would like $16000 each and each machine has 12000 hours in skidsteer life 12000 hours is coming near the end but for the right price providing they have been maintained nothing says they can't be reliable little units to get you going but not the other hand the appearance of the machine looks no where near 12000 hours so it may have been looked after extremely well