Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar B22 Buying Advice

Edupstate ยท 2013-08-28 15:34

I have looked at a Yanmar B22 that appears to be in decent shape and the specs are pretty good in comparison to a Tak 125 or a IHI 28N. Anyone with expierence with the Yanmar? I do my own service so parts availablity is my main concern. Advice and opinions appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1mikebramel2013-08-28 17:14

    Is this a straight B22 square body or newer B22 or B22V. Either way you can't go wrong.

  2. #2yanmarman2013-12-11 08:10

    I own 2 yanmar excavators and I love them! Good luck with yours.

  3. #3Matt20082017-07-30 06:30

    Did you by the B22? I just bought a B22-2b and use it on my 73 acres for stumps, grading, etc. I am still looking for a operators manual as I'm new to excavator use and need a manual to help identify parts and missing parts.

  4. #4farmboy5552017-08-02 10:07

    I've got an ViO 20-2 great machine. Yanmar has been around for along time The John Deere excavators at one time where yamnar's with JD Decals

  5. #5Matt20082017-08-02 15:08

    Edupstate: I'm from Upstate and would like to touch base with you. Did you take the plunge for the B22. As I stated above, I just bought a 1998 YANMAR B22-2B and Yanmar has all the filters for it. I just picked all new fluids at TSC for a complete fluid drain and refill. I haven't ordered any parts yet so time will tell if it was a good buy.

  6. #6Bls repair2017-08-04 16:29

    Depends on how old. We have one at work . Nice machine ,hard to get parts .