Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Yanmar charge switch location.

keif · 2023-05-02 15:10

I just bought a 2018 Takeuchi TB260 and I'm getting a error code 167/5 for charge switch open but I can't figure out where this switch actually is. Any help would be much appreciated.

Replies9
  1. #1keif2023-05-05 21:18

    Found the problem. The lower alternator bolt was loose, letting the alternator wobble, this lead to one of the 2 small wires going to the plug on the alternator breaking.

  2. #2uffex2023-05-08 04:04

    Good day The term "Charge switch" was difficult to understand great you came back and answered the question. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3keif2023-05-08 08:55

    Yeah, that's what the error code described the fault as. It was throwing me off also. Especially because all of the diagnostic info was tied in with the oil pressure switch! Check it out.

  4. #4uffex2023-05-08 10:01

    Good day Thanks it is strange term to use. Kind regards Uffex

  5. #5Zewnten2023-05-09 20:10

    @keif thanks for updating with what you found. We get a lot of traffic for code search results looking for follow up

  6. #6Humstech19942023-09-23 00:22

    I have a tb260 throwing the p1568 code charge alarm it’s saying check the charge switch where and what is the charge switch? My alternator is charging 14.4 volts.

  7. #7keif2023-09-23 02:08

    In the alternator.

  8. #8keif2023-10-24 13:14

    Dod you get it fixed? My was still charging fine while throwing the code also.

  9. #9Humstech19942023-10-24 17:54

    Keif I ended up finding that the little lights on the rear hood were shorted out and melted the harness they are in the same wire loom as the alternator harness. Repaired the harness and code went away It was melted together just below the crankshaft pulley. You can access this area by removing belly plate.