Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Zaxis Sarter ‘Heads up’

RobVG ยท 2012-08-07 21:49

Complaint, "Just clicks" Found that the hotwire to the solenoid had rubbed through and shorted on one of the long bolts that hold the starter together. It doesn't kill the starter, you just have to isolate the wire and it's all good. This is the 3rd time I've seen this.

Replies3
  1. #1buckfever2012-08-08 19:23

    Make it 4. the exact same thing happen to our 160. We thought it was the batteries so we bought two new ones, no go, then checked the starter and saw the one bolt was burned though. Worst part was that we spent 1600 on a new starter and found out we could fix it by just welding the bolt back together:Banghead Also deere does not give a core for the old starter.

  2. #2RobVG2012-08-09 00:54

    I've had them rebuilt at a place called Romaine Electric in Seattle. They charge about $600 if I remember right. Maybe there's a rebuilder in your area if you end up needing one.

  3. #3buckfever2012-08-09 20:21

    Our local alt. and starter shop in our area could not get the parts to repair. Hopfully I won't have to replace it agian.