Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Zexel/Bosch supply pump rebuild assistance

shelbyk7 · 2022-03-30 19:10

Purchased rebuild kit for my supply pump and have a few questions watched all the videos I could find and couldn’t find out exactly what I’m looking for so my pump rebuild kit came with copper washers and only 1 oring, very small 1- Mine didnt have the small oring, do they all have the small oring on the push rod? *See Picture 1 attached 2- the hand primer and the adapter next to it both had orings, not copper washers . Will the copper washers be fine? *See pic 2 attached I don’t know if it’s been rebuilt before, someone could have put it together incorrectly which is why I’m hesitant to just rebuild it as it was. The pump was bypassed in place of an electric pump. Was told the original went out, so they could have rebuilt it incorrectly it took me many man hours to finally get the pump off or I would do some trial and error, it is off a hitachi ex120-2 excavator

Replies9
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-03-30 20:05

    I'm sure thepumpguysc will chime in tho everyone of those I've dealt with passed just the priming pump got a whole assembly.

  2. #2Delmer2022-03-30 23:35

    Does this help? looks like copper on that one. I'd skip the lapping compound at 3:00 unless the seat shows that it needs it. Rinse it better than that if you use lapping compound.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2022-03-31 00:47

    U should use what came on it originally.. 2 orings and a SEAL for the push rod.. Call your local fuel shop and either give them the # off the supply pump or ALL the #’s of the inj pump..

  4. #4shelbyk72022-03-31 14:11

    Thank you, so none of the zexel supply pumps came with copper seals? All came with orings? Why would the kits send copper seals instead of orings ? Orings be cheaper wouldnt it? The kit I received came with oring which I believe is for the push rod? I am not sure what seal you are referring to but i have a picture attached of my best guess for the seal you refer to? If this is it, how is it removed?

  5. #5shelbyk72022-03-31 14:21

    I’ve been looking online and not even found it on the parts diagrams don’t have a fuel shop local, will have to lookup

  6. #6thepumpguysc2022-04-01 12:11

    No kit came w the correct parts.. U have to order them separately.. Call/email any Zexel authorized dealer and get the orings and seal #... They sell a removal tool but it sux and doesn’t work.. U can use some taps and try to get it to screw onto the tap.. The way I do it is:: I have a thin screwdriver that I bent.. it will fit down the push rod bore and catch on the lip of the seal.. then hammer the seal out..

  7. #7shelbyk72022-04-01 13:53

    Thank you! Is there an easy way to tell if the seal is good or bad?

  8. #8thepumpguysc2022-04-01 23:52

    1.. if you’re getting fuel in the oil, the seal is bad.. 2.. move the push rod on and out.. if it drags, the seal is probably ok.

  9. #9shelbyk72022-04-02 12:25

    Thank you very much when taking apart the diesel? Was really black looking and was wondering why, maybe that is the case