Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093709
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What does the DDEC mean.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094065
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Was the 149 series ever used in locomotives, or was it to small? Tell me more about the EMD, Winston, and Cleveland’s.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093839
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Was the 149 the biggest series they made?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093773
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Where they used mostly in boats?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027328
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I saw a Kenworth K100 COE at a sale this summer. Low bunk sleeper. It had an 8V92 I think a silver. Behind that it had an automatic. Didn’t know they used automatics that early.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093708
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Has anyone had experience with the 149 series?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093688
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m reading thru that thread. Glad you showed that to me.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028092
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What was different about the 110 series Detroits?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028007
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Thank you Truck Shop!

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028261
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I started a conversation with you, is that how I get you my address?

    in reply to: Cat 272D2 Fault Codes #3089529
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    No, I have not yet. It may be the middle of the week until I get it. I’ll let you know what happens. While I’m waiting can you CAT guys explain CAT codes to me to help me understand them better? What is the ECM seeing when it says voltage high, voltage low, currant high, currant low ect. ?

    in reply to: Hydraulic problems #3092582
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have been watching this thread but not responding because I have not worked on one of these. I have worked on some of the ag version ones though. I am not an expert on their hydraulic systems. Two of the most important things when working on hydraulics is a service manual for the system and a set of pressure gauges. A flowmeter is important to. Without being able to see if the pressure is right you’re just guessing. Working on a hydraulic system without being able to look at pressures is like trying to diagnose an electrical system without a voltmeter. A service manual should tell you how the system is set up and tell you where to start checking pressures.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027411
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    LP generaters can use more fuel then you think since LP has less BTU than gas or diesel although you don’t have to worry about bad fuel. A diesel welder can be a good option if you will use the welder quite a bit. Most of them run at 3600 RPM so they will use more fuel and be more ware on the engine. Most stand alone diesel generators run at 1800 RPM. Just some thoughts.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028933
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That is a good idea. I want to do that when I get alittle time here.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028849
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Thanks for showing me that. No way I could do it though. Would still like to get one some time. I just think they are a heavy duty, simple generator that would run along time. Maybe not the best on fuel though.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 415 total)