Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 289c2 left drive issue #3138516
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Is the drive motor locking up or is it the track? Did you find any metal in the oil when you took it apart?

    in reply to: 931C Nippondenso starter removal help #3138418
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    From the smell, it sounds like you may have found the problem. Stuck brushes can also be a problem. On equipment that I care about, me first choice is always to rebuild it. I have a good guy close to me that uses the best parts that he can get. Not always alot cheaper than a new one but almost always better. There are times to use a cheap one though. If it broke taking it off, it may not be worth fixing.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027454
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What was the drom box used for?

    in reply to: Toyota FD 150 forklift engine swap #3137105
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Neat to see the work you did and your machine. I have never seen a Toyota forklift or engine that big. You have some different machines across the pond than we do here. Keep posting.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028048
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Probably a mouse hotel to.

    in reply to: CAT 297C Hydraulic Problems #3131426
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m thinking that there is something wrong in the Pressure and Flow Compensator Valve or in servo piston on the pump. I think the pump is not destroking like it should. Nige do you have the High Flow Hydraulic System-Test and Adjust document? I want to run some test and see if I can confirm that is what is happening.

    in reply to: Deere’s New Service Center #3136514
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I went to that link and it does not seem very specific. Most people I have talked to can’t give me many details. It sounds like there are different levels or ways to buy into it. Like yearly or per machine. A farmer may buy into it different than an independent mechanic. Not sure if I am hearing right. Does the Service Adviser data link work with Pro Service?

    in reply to: Diesel fuel #3136673
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    How old is the fuel?

    in reply to: Deere’s New Service Center #3136508
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    In the past you could buy Service Advisor from your dealer. Can you still do that? Can you buy access to parts of the new system? Wondering what options the independent mechanic has.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028975
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    So that would be a Triplex with a high, low aux box? Was the Triplex under, direct, over and the Duplex under, direct, two over drive ratio? When would you use the high, low in the picture above?

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135744
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I was looking though the wiring diagram and it looks like the engine ECM only controls the throttle system. There is a learn switch on the diagram. What is that for? Not sure how to test the four wires to the stepper motor. The motor and position sensor are ok. ( Yes we loaded the parts canon and fired it. ) The old one would just set there and kind of viberate when you move the dial in the cab. The gear box was ok. so we though the motor was messed up. It is getting something through the harness it just must not be the right thing. The four wires to the motor would be power, ground, and then the other two would they have power to one to turn one way and than power to the other to turn the other way?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028639
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I knew a guy the had a KW COE (nonrunning). He said that it had a Spicer 4X4 in it.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028555
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Did one of those have three levers?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028132
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Very nice video! You have probably drove a lot of trucks with a “four an a brownie”. Tell us about the MACK triplex and Quadraplex.

    in reply to: Ridiculous price for paint #3135853
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I wouldn’t roll it on. Just use a mop it’s quicker.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 415 total)