Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 406 through 415 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027833
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Where the 92’s only in the silver series? I thought I’ve seen some silver 53’s.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028510
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    They sound neat and are a one of a kind engine. I would like to learn how to work on them. Set up the rack, governors ect. One place I do work has a HUGE hyster forklift (HD520?) with a 6V53 in it. I have a 671 (it ran) 471, 453. None of them are currently running. Not many people around here work on them any more. I would be interested in any tips and tricks or experiences older guys have with them who were good on them back in the day. What is the silver series? Where some of the late ones electronic controlled? Can they have a Jake Brake? I would love to have a 2-71 generator some day (a deuce).

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Very nice! Hope it goes good! Keep us posted.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028342
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m pretty new to this forum and enjoy the pictures on this thread. I love Detroit Diesel engines. Not everyone does though. My favorite it the 6V71T. 8V92T is pretty neat to. Would love to know more about them if anyone cares to share.

    in reply to: 4520 JD ONLY IDLES #3091016
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m don’t now those tractors very well but it sounds like you may have a fuel flow problem. Has the fuel filter been changed? Are you getting good fuel flow to the injector pump? Some more history on it would be helpful.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t think that a 843 has a hydro release. To move it without a cab you would just need to hot wire the solenoid and glow plugs. The parking brake and fuel shutoff are all mechanical. Make sure you do it safely! I’m going off of a 743, I think a 843 would be the same if I’m correct.

    in reply to: Cat 246D no electrical power, no lights in cab, nothing #3089751
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I agree with ThreeCW and Nige. I would take the battery cables loose and clean all connections at both ends not just the battery ends. make sure they are bright and clean. I have had connections look ok but can not carry any amp flow. Sometimes the corrosion is not very visable.

    in reply to: Cat 272D2 Fault Codes #3089495
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have not been able to get the wiring diagram yet. I see a envelope icon beside my user name/login but it is not red and if I click on it, it says conversations and there are none. What am I doing wrong?

    in reply to: Cat 272D2 Fault Codes #3089491
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Thank you for the two diagnostic procedures. I will follow them and see if I can find the problems. Where would be the best place to get the electrical schematic? I have been thinking about getting SIS 2.0 from my local dealer. What all does it have on it? I would be glad to hear any thoughts.

    in reply to: Cat 272D2 Fault Codes #3089487
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Sure, the serial number is: CATO272DHBL200275

Viewing 10 posts - 406 through 415 (of 415 total)