Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093820
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Are there still alot of Detroits running in boats up and down the coast? If you spent much time there would it be somewhat common to see them?

    in reply to: NH LB75b Adding gauges #3095574
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Does the rubber hose from the turbo go all the way to the intake or does it have any metal tubes before it gets there. Ideally you would weld a port in the metal tube but if that isn’t very easy to do you could tee into the rubber line to the waste gate and that should be ok.

    in reply to: NH LB75b Adding gauges #3095572
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Where does that line go off of the turbo? Does it have a waste gate? You could see if there is any port you could use over on the intake it’s self. Is there a steel piece you could weld a port in on the intake? Otherwise that rubber line could be ok.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027925
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I like the Emeryvilles and Transtars COE ! Is that one an Eagle? I had read that they put 12V71’s in a few of them. Maybe just the Eagle’s?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093861
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I saw those mentioned in a magazine article. They are pretty rare and didn’t work out to well.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093842
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Is it really just a IH DT466. I thought someone had told me that is what a 50 series was.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093819
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What was the 30 Series on IH 444?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094069
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    How did the low block head gasket seal?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093995
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What is the low block vs high block?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093959
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What makes the difference between an early and a late? I have noticed the stamped steel valve covers and the cast aluminum ones. Is that one way to tell the difference? Was there other changes that happened over time or was there several at once?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093933
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Can you explain their electronic fuel systems farther? I guess the rack was gone. Did they have unit injectors more like a CAT C12? What else did it consist of?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094015
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m interested in the Series 60 to. Most of what I’ve heard about them is good. They could be good on fuel.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093993
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Did gray marine just put their name on them and provide the cooling system?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093859
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That is quite a trencher!

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093754
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Was that only on the Series 60s? I thought some of the last 2 cycles had some electronics on them.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 415 total)