Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: CAT 247B wiring diagram #3141114
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. I would clean the connections at the battery and the main grounds. At the machine and the engine. Check and make sure the alternator is charging. Check the connections at the panel. Then I would check the power and ground circuit for the lights once you have the wiring diagram.

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135770
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    When it was acting up the first time, I could pull the throttle cable and it would rev up just fine. They should have just put a throttle cable into the cab and not added all the complexity. Don’t get me started…

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135764
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Glad to know about that. I may try that first and see what happens.

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135760
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I did the first time it was messing up and the screen was showing that it was. They have not brought the machine to the shop yet for me to look at this time.

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135752
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Can you tell me what each manual contains? Which would have the wiring diagrams? Will any of them cover the engine?

    in reply to: Hitachi ZX85USB 3 Won’t Rev Up #3135748
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I did the voltage checks and they seemed to be ok. I did the engine learn and checked the continuity of the wires from the motor to the controller on the back of the cab. I did not have a good way to load test them right then. Than found the motor was working so I put it together and it worked good for a couple of weeks. Costumer said now it started to mess up. Sometimes wouldn’t idle down sometimes won’t rev up, and now it only stays at idle. The screen has a black circle in the middle of it to like it is a spot that is died. Not sure if the screen has anything to do with the throttle function. I want to get a repair manual download for it but I am having trouble finding the right one. Is it the same as a John Deere 85D? It has an Izuzu engine. Would the John Deere be a Yanmar? Maybe the throttle is the same regardless of the engine it uses.

    in reply to: JCB 512-56 DEF #3140864
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have not worked on many JCBs so I don’t know much about them. I would look at the DEF fluid and see if it is clear. Than test it with a refractometer to see if it is close to 32.5 %. I would change the fluid anyway no matter what the % is. If it is not off real far, just drain the tank and fill the tank full with fresh fluid to dilute any still in the system. Run the machine for awhile to get it circulated through the system. The DEF sensor would be in the DEF header. I don’t know that the battery would be the problem but keep it up and work the machine, than see what happens.

    in reply to: Deere 317G engine won’t turn over #3140413
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What active faults do you have now? What were you attempting to do the regens with?

    in reply to: Work pics from Europe #3138660
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I enjoy seeing your machines! Your trailers are interesting, different than we have over here.

    in reply to: I-65 Bridge VS Excavator – both lost. #3139300
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Wow! The top cylinder is broken and it bent the boom!

    in reply to: Battery problem #3138927
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    All joking aside, I am amazed at some of the things they accomplish with so little resources. How would we survive without the resources that we have? Sometimes I think they are smarter than we are.

    in reply to: JLG 450A tower problem at platform #3138965
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I would check the output on the boom joystick when you try to rise it. If it will go down, the joystick is probable getting the input that it needs. You should be able to download a service manual from JLG’s website. It will have wiring diagrams in it to help you identify the correct wires. Post the serial number and tell us if their is anything that you have already checked.

    in reply to: chinese version of the Toro Dingo. #3138783
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have a lot of experience with them at a local auction company. They are JUNK! I could write a book about the problems we have with them. The excavators are worse than the mini track loaders. The machines are dangerous they are so jumpy. Never seen a track come off. With what we have seen of them, I don’t see how they would go long without problems. Some of them don’t work right out of the container! You would be a lot better off with a BOBCAT MT55, 85, 100, TORO, or BOXER.

    in reply to: CAT 232D3 Hydraulics Malfunction #3138745
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    It would be alot easier if you had a way to see if what the codes are. Is there anyone around that has CAT ET or aftermarket diagnostic software? I’m not sure if you can read codes from the standard panel. You could look at the wiring harness on the boom all the way up to on the firewall. See if there is anywhere that it is obvious that it is damaged. There is wiring and solenoids on the firewall that if damaged the arms and bucket won’t work.

    in reply to: Work pics from Europe #3138663
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I wondered the same. It seems like that kind of weight on bricks as we know then would be all broken up. I enjoy seeing the pictures of your equipment!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 415 total)