Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108522
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That is good to know about the light towers. I thought that they would be a good deal, but it sounds like they are not made for heavy use. I’d be glad to hear anyone’s experience with using light towers as generators. I just got mine going this week. It seems to work good so far. Just using it to power some lights and heater ect. Do you think the generators from Central Georgia Generator are good quality? I have seen them but don’t know what brand they are or where they are made.

    in reply to: Eye candy #3092215
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Those are nice post, thank you! I wonder what it cost to redo one of those? How many hours and guys they have working on one?

    in reply to: AGM Batteries In Equipment #3097834
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Thank you for both of those post. They are informative and well written. Also good video on the first one.

    in reply to: AGM Batteries In Equipment #3097802
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That is a good explanation on charging AGM and TPPL batteries. How do they hold up to deep cycling and running them done and leaving them dead for a while?

    in reply to: AGM Batteries In Equipment #3097777
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I was doing alittle training on batteries, and I found out why you should use a special battery charger on AGM batteries. AGM battery chargers use a different algorithm than conventional chargers. Similar to what TPPL batteries use.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093685
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I saw a 671 generator sell in December that came out of an Air Force base. I don’t remember the hours, but I think it was less than 1000 or just over. You could tell it was in an enclosure. You could not have found a nicer one anywhere! The data plate on the generator head looked like it did when it left the factory. Neat to see things like that.

    in reply to: PDF repair manuals #3109449
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think the second one is in your state!

    in reply to: PDF repair manuals #3109447
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Here are two places I have used: https://new-holland.servicemanualvault.com/New-Holland-7710-Tractor-Service-Manual.html These are PDF only. It has been a little since I got one from them but I don’t remember them being a problem. I don’t think they have one for the 7700. https://peacefulcreek.com/?s=ford+7700&post_type=product&type_aws=true These are print only, which I like better. A lot of different options on manuals and different bundles you can get. I really like these people, but they are not PDF. Hope this helps.

    in reply to: Maxxforce Engines #3108448
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t like DEF, it is a pain, but if you hear of an engine manufacturer, specially bigger engines, saying “We don’t need DEF to meet emissions” you know they are running a ton of EGR. EGR and DEF are the main ways to take care of NOx. Both can be problematic, not sure which is worse. I wonder if high rate of EGR is. Alot of engines use both. I like the idea of CAT’s CGI. It seems like the EGR components would not plug up as quickly. Maybe it had other problems though.

    in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108498
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Does anyone know what these would be for? https://www.govdeals.com/en/asset/7594/9842 They are Kubota engines and have crank starts with them.

    in reply to: Maxxforce Engines #3108440
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Like the DT466.

    in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108495
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Are they 3600RPM? I am wanting 1800RPM, less fuel, quieter, last longer.

    in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108492
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I like the look of those Northern Lights generators. They look like they are built rugged and simple like what I want. Don’t need auto start or anything fancy. The simpler the better. The Generac inverter generator that I have seems to be alittle better than Harbor Freight. It gets in these moods where it doesn’t want to run right and just messes around. About ready to throw it in the trash several times. The best inverter I’ve had was a Yamaha. Keep fuel to it and it would just sit and do nothing wrong all day. It was rated lower than the generac but it could pull more load. Yamaha quit making generators though. I’ve been looking at these light towers for awhile and they look like they could be an economical generator to get. Most are powered by a Kubota, Perkins, or Mitsubishi. All those would be good engines. It seems like 3/4 of them have the pancake generator head by Marathon. Is that a good generator head? You could just look around until you found the engine you wanted. I think they are brushless. Is that better than one with brushes?

    in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108486
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What would those be used for that I would search them as. Also what kind of generator head? Would it be hard to get parts for the generator part?

    in reply to: Maxxforce Engines #3108434
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    It sounds like the typical bad design by an engineer with no connection to the real world. It is too bad because you will see a nice truck for sale and then you see it has a Maxxforce so you just walk away.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 415 total)