Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Maxxforce Engines #3108432
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Was the fuel dilution because they where using the in cylinder injectors to spray fuel into the exhaust stream to get the DOC temperature up to regen?

    in reply to: What Standby Generator Do You Like #3108477
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What model of engine are they? Also what kind of generator head?

    in reply to: Maxxforce Engines #3108418
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I wonder what he was deleting? The EGR? I was thinking that engine was oil enough that it did not have a DOC, DPF, or SCR.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093814
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Does any one have any links to threads of the last conversations on the correct oil? I would like to read them, but am having trouble finding any. Oil suppler is still trying to see if they can get it. Must be kind of hard to get.

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104590
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think it is important for employers to spend some time in the trenches with their people. I have seen where they can spend big $$$$$ on some new thing but can’t have simple things like the right chains and hooks to pull an engine. That can really wear a guy down. Take care of your people an they will take care of you. Be sure you really know how they are doing and that they have what they need for their job. People don’t leave jobs, people leave people.

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104649
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think to be a top notch mechanic you have to love the work and things mechanical. Not very many people become good that get into it because they think it would be a good paying career or something like that. You go into the dealership and the new guy at the parts counter, worked at the shoe store last week. Or the new mechanic was a cab driver in NY last week. Oh no!

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104641
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I know what you mean. It gets to saturday afternoon and I’m done doing things for people and ready to do some of my own things. Sunday is when I go to Church and a day of rest for that. People ask me on the weekend, “Hey what have you been working on?” that is the last thing I want to talk about. I been thinking about that all week. When I was younger and starting to learn I loved mechanic work big jobs, hard jobs it was great. Could not understand the older guys that where not excited like I was. Some of them would grumble and where ready to quit. I could not understand how they got to that point. They must not really love their work. Now I think I understand. It can be a thankless job but I can’t really imagine doing anything else.

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104629
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    One place I do work I am having to try and train a new guy. He has been following me around most of the day and is suppose to be learning all I know. That is stressful. At the end of the day you both together have gotten less done than if I would have been left to myself to work. People have to learn somehow, maybe I was that hard when I was learning. It is hard to tell how far you’re getting. They may or may not understand or may or may not care. Glazed eyes aren’t real encouraging.

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104609
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think most good mechanics are on the edge of going nuts, if you know what I mean. All the stuff you have to deal with. Sometimes your mind can only take so much. You have to quit, get a good rest, and try again the next day.

    in reply to: 3 Air Valves #3107627
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That was built before the 855?

    in reply to: Full Time Diesel Tech Hirings in Arkansas #3104569
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    You don’t like gray garbage juice?

    in reply to: 3 Air Valves #3107623
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Can you explain what that is alittle more? It is a Cummins right?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093750
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I know this has been talked about before, but I thought that it would be easier to just ask here than search for it. What oil should I use in a 6v53?

    in reply to: Bobcat T870 Dies Under Load #3106884
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Just an update on this machine. So I hooked up a fuel line before the filter and pump and put it in a jerry can. Still did not pump very well. I hooked up another fuel pump with fuel line still in the jerry can. It pumped fuel good then. Hooked up the different pump to the fuel line coming from the tank and it did not pump good. I found a check valve in the fuel line that was plugged up. I just took the check valve out, replaced the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine.

    in reply to: AGM Batteries In Equipment #3097737
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t have alot of experience with AGM’s yet but it seems like some of them last a long time and some of them don’t. I wish I know what made the difference. At this point I think alot of it is using them wrong. The lead acid batteries that last the longest for me, are the ones that I use every day. Batteries want to be used but not abused.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 415 total)