Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Flooded cat d5g #3116988
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Why was the insurance company putting it out of service?

    in reply to: Genie GTH-1056 ignition issues #3121936
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Do you know any history on the machine? Did it just start doing this? Has someone messed around with it before you got it? I would get the wiring diagram off of Genie’s website and look at the start wire circuit. Something may be hooked up wrong or bad relay.

    in reply to: Vintage JD badging? #3121748
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    You could try these people https://thatemblemguy.com/ . They do mostly IH, but do work on some other brands.

    in reply to: Vintage JD badging? #3121746
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What model is that on?

    in reply to: 336 emission issue #3121348
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think Justin98 said in the first post that he did have the DPF cleaned so you really should reset the DPF. It may work ok without doing that but since it is cleaned it would be better for the ECM to know that it has a clean DPF on it. What engine does that machine have in it? Let us know if your Diesel Laptop is able to do that.

    in reply to: 336 emission issue #3121344
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Let us know if that fixes it.

    in reply to: John Deere 40 #3098150
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    A 6V system will crank slower, it is half as many volts as a 12V system. Make sure that your cables and ends are good. 6V systems use heavier cables than 12V machines of the same size. It makes sure that you can have good amp flow. You need all you can get. I have not worked on generators much, but I know that you can test them that way. It won’t spin real fast. I wouldn’t worry to much about the generator until I got it running good. Test it on the tractor with it running by grounding the F terminal. That will full field it and if it is good it will put out it’s max charging voltage. Just don’t run it to long that way or it will burn up. The generator should not need to be hooked up for the ignition to work. You need to have 6V to the negative side of the coil with the ignition on and the positive side hooked to a good set of points. Hook a test light to the positive side of the coil. With the ignition on you want the test light to flash while you are cranking the engine. The points are just a switch, if they are not switching on and off good, it won’t spark. Also make sure that your cap, rotor and plug wires are all good.

    in reply to: 336 emission issue #3121341
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Does the ARD head work similar to a knipco heater?

    in reply to: Cummins N14 Overhead. #3116893
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I was wondering if anyone has tried different settings on the injectors? I have heard of people backing them off more, like three flats (180 degrees ). What would that do? Some people say it will help the fuel economy. The owner says that he is not getting as good of fuel economy as others that are running the some setup.

    in reply to: Caterpillar CR 303E #3121131
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    So I found the problem. Kind of dumb, but I didn’t know. They took the keys out of the machines. When they came back to move them they went around putting CAT keys in the the machines. This machine has a chip in the key. Once I found the right key for it the security light turned green and it started right up.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    ???

    in reply to: 336 emission issue #3121339
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I’m not familiar with the Cat excavators. I have more worked on the skid loaders. The two codes you are showing would have more to do with the ARD head. (Not sure if that is the right name, that is what they called it on the trucks). Problem with the igniter and the fuel supply to it if I understand it right. Hopefully someone that knows more about them will chime in. After you had the DPF baked out, there are some things that should be reset. Probably a DPF counter and maybe a differential pressure sensor calibration. Different models/brands have different terms. If they are not reset the engine and ECM doesn’t really know that it has a fresh DPF on it and it may not let you go as long for the next cleaning. I’m pretty sure the only way you’ll reset those perimeters is with some kind of diagnostic software.

    in reply to: Flooded cat d5g #3116999
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    He had 50 machines! What happened to them all? The one you got running, how did the oils look? Everything work ok on it?

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Looks pretty crisp. I don’t think I would try to save any of the burn stuff.

    in reply to: Cummins N14 Overhead. #3116888
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I ran the overhead on this today. It was real easy once we got the timing figured out. The accessory drive must have been put together wrong. C was number 1 and so on. Truck Shop can you tell us more of the history of the 855? I have heard that some are big cam and others are not. What is the difference and how can you tell? What is the 444, I’ve never heard of it.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 415 total)