Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New Holland 7610 #3120544
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That was exactly where I was headed.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028205
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What is the story behind that truck?

    in reply to: New Holland 7610 #3120541
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Can you post some pictures of the fuel system, especially the fuel injection pump?

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t know anything about those. With the pump saying 12V on it I would not want to put 24V to it, but that does not explain the 24V charger and converter. You can post more pictures by posting them after the first post.

    in reply to: Battery Diconnect #3120332
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Switching the ground side is good, if anything bumps up against it, it won’t arc that way. The switch itself will not burn up any quicker on the positive or negative side of the circuit. Just as much amps have to return on the ground side to the battery as left the battery on the positive side.

    in reply to: EV #2766260
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That was my first thought when I saw the picture!

    in reply to: How to move non running d5g #3119954
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    It sounds like you bought the flooded CAT D5G. That’s great, I’ve never worked on a machine that was in that situation. Please keep us updated on what you find good or bad.

    in reply to: Bobcat S185 No Start #3117156
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That would be a good idea to check the intake and make sure it is clear. If the air filter is questionable just take it out and try it without it. I have seen were the engine will pull in alot of exhaust smoke and it is fine enough that it plugs the filter but is not real obvious. The fuel injection system seems questionable. Make sure the shutoff is working. You can just take it out and that will put it in the on position.

    in reply to: Kobelco SK210-8E Thumb Problems #3113698
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll have to wait until they bring it back to the shop. They have it on a job right now.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028793
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Track may be a little loose.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    It sounds like a governor problem to me. What did the 12 Valve come out of? If it came out of a truck it may not have the right governor setup.

    in reply to: Good healthy carnage #2849713
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What is that torque convertor out of?

    in reply to: Cummins N14 Overhead. #3116886
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    The truck is not at the shop right now so I can not look at it. He wants to work on it this weekend so I’m just trying to prepare. I know it has electronic injectors so does that make it a Celect? Where the STC N14’s only mechanical engines? What is the difference between the Celect and the Celect Plus?

    in reply to: Bobcat S185 No Start #3117130
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think that would still have the Kubota engine in it. If it does, are the glow plug all working? If you loosen one of the lines to the injectors, will it squirt fuel while it is cranking? When it does start does it fire right up or does it take it alittle to get going?

    in reply to: Cummins N14 Overhead. #3116884
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Thank You Truck Shop! I think I understand most of that. I am a little unsure on setting the injectors. Do I run the adjuster screw done until it just touches the injector plunger or do I run the plunger down some to? I was reading part of a service manual, and it talks about step timing control (STC) injectors and how you use the outer base circle method to set them. I’m alittle confused by that. Maybe those are not on this engine.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 415 total)