Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: HELP!!! SOS!!! Forum is under attack #3107031
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Looks like it is fixed now. Thank you administrators!

    in reply to: Bobcat T650 Hard Starting #3106890
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t think it was setting the code while it was cranking. That was an inactive code from when it was running before. Now that I am working on it, I have not got it to start yet. Too cold and don’t like to use either on it. I was just observing some of this while someone else was messing with it, and now it is my job to fix it. I have some rail caps ordered but it will be a couple of days before they get here. Can you explain more about the cold weather bypass valve? I know where it is, and what it looks like, but would like to know how it functions.

    in reply to: Bobcat T650 Hard Starting #3106889
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I am using a Jaltest diagnostic tool. I should be able to read fuel rail pressure with it. I’ll check that when I get it running. Do you know the range it should be in?

    in reply to: JLG 400s Lift No power to the basket #3106277
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Sounds like that would be the best thing to do. It very likely is a fault in the harness from the ground control up to the basket. Could be in the harness or at a plug. Wires can brake inside the harness without seeing damage on the outside.

    in reply to: Parts for 873 bobcat #3106356
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have gotten some things from this place. Good people to deal with. I don’t think they are a Bobcat dealer, but they have used parts. They part out machines.

    in reply to: JD Engine no fuel to injectors #3105972
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That’s good to help a guy out. Hopefully these guys can get you going! Get a picture of the serial number to.

    in reply to: JD Engine no fuel to injectors #3105966
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What machine is this in? Maybe you could post some pictures of the engine and pump. That would be helpful.

    in reply to: Kenworth #3103465
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Nice truck! Maybe a little light for the load Did they use many C16 in trucks?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028112
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I love those B model Macks. What kind of scraper? International?

    in reply to: 1999 jlg 450aj platform function stops 7 second #3104056
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    If all the functions work from the ground, that tells me it is an electrical problem. If it only works for 7 seconds, I would suspect problems with the foot peddle. Maybe not problems with the peddle itself, but with the wiring to or from it. Check the output of the functions that do not work at their switches. If the switches have output, than start following it down until output stops and hopefully you find the problem. If there is output from the switches at first, but then it stops, there is likely a problem with the enable circuit/foot peddle. Make sure it’s output is not going away after a little.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093899
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have never seen a 8V-53. Is that the biggest 53 series they made?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093813
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Yes, 6 cylinders running at higher RPMs is more noise. Like I said at the beginning, I have not had to send all day in a machine with one in it. I can see how day after day in a machine that had a noise to torque ratio that was not equal could drive a guy mad.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I think you’re about always better off using OEM electrical parts. Even though some are very expensive they will cost you less in the long run. Like buy a aftermarket, it fails shortly, then you have to replace it again, and you end up getting the OEM anyway. I’ve been burnt like that to. Anymore I just swallow hard and get OEM.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093769
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Why are they your worst?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093749
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    They all kind of have their own sound. The 71’s sound deeper then the 53’s. Still like to hear them both though. My favorite is a 671. Hard to beat the sound of any bigger inline 6 cylinder.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 415 total)