Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Bobcat T76 Bobtach #3100292
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have not really found any aftermarket kits online. Since it has the switch already in the cab do you think it all ready has the control valve or does it just have the electrical wiring for it. I didn’t know if someone had put one on that model lately and would remember.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That is a beast!

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093703
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Can you explain more about this unit. It must be a marine generator? Is it mounted sideways because of vertical height? What did they change on the engine to be able to do that? I saw in a manual, a 671 mounted like that but I think it was running a refrigeration compressor like in a rail car. Sound right?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094028
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    When I was young, there was a farmer around us that had some fence rows taken out over several years time. The man that did it had a large CAT trackhoe and a Terex dozer with a root rake on the front. I don’t remember the model. He wore ear muffs when he ran it- not sure why? You could hear it before you could see it. I don’t know if it had a 71 or a 92 but I do know it was a V8. That was before I cared much about Detroit’s.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094009
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I would love to see the pictures!

    in reply to: Genie 45/25 problem #3082432
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Hope that helps you.

    in reply to: Happy New Year #3102962
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Happy new year to all! Enjoy interacting with you folks. Do your best for those you do work for. It will brighten your corner of the world.

    in reply to: Light plant questions #3101790
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I have a Mitsubishi L3E tower with a pancake generator. It is not currently running, bad injector pump. I was wondering what people’s thoughts where on those generators. They are brushless right? Are they a reliable generator head. I would be using mine for backup and prime power. I think mine is 6kw.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027345
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    FWD also made big four wheel drive tractors.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028952
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What did they use those for?

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3028616
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I wonder what they used it to haul? It looks like the Eisenhauer Company was in Van Wert Ohio, not very far from me.

    in reply to: Looking to buy scan tool, any input on experiences ? #3101941
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I use Diesel Laptops/Jaltest. So far it has did what I needed to for the most part. I have not had it a year yet. It does seem to have more stuff on the common brands than the less popular ones. I think it is better on trucks than off highway. Off highway is what I do mostly. Probably the biggest disappointment is the wiring diagrams. They are just like generic, not labeled much or very detailed. It may be a copy right thing I’m not sure. It is aftermarket and not OEM so it looks alittle different, things aren’t always called the same as OEM and there are things that you have to work around alittle bit. It probably makes you use your head more, which isn’t bad. One thing I really like is it covering many brands. With OEM you would have to get some many different things and it would cost some much if you worked on alot of different brands. All and all mostly happy with it. It is alot better than nothing and has helped me fix alot of things I could not have without it, but still learning, and the jury is still out.

    in reply to: Looking to buy scan tool, any input on experiences ? #3101938
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I know the feeling. Alot of the cheaper things MAYBE will read codes but usually will not do bidirectional commands very well. I came to the conclusion that I may as well take the money I put towards a cheaper one and put more with it to get a good one that will work. If I got a cheap one that did not do what I needed and then had to get a expensive one anyway then I would end up paying more than if I had just got a good one to start with. All the companies will say, “Oh ya it will do everything.” If it will do a few random things but not others it is about as good as nothing. Tyler d4c may be on to something. Another thing to think about is, do you have a friend close, you could buy it together with? If you are not using it all the time maybe you could share it and the expense with someone else. I know that does not always work well with some people, but it is just a thought.

    in reply to: Looking to buy scan tool, any input on experiences ? #3101934
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I don’t have a lot of experience across the brands yet on what is available, but I do know this, the more you pay, the more you’ll get. Meaning that if you are looking to get something cheaper, it likely won’t do as much.

    in reply to: Antique & Vintage Trucks. #3027769
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Did they use these very long?

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 415 total)