Mr. Wrench

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 415 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: John Deere 333G Fault Codes #3130588
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I had just a little time to look at this machine today. Soot level in the DPF 8.1 g/L ( It did not say fuel based) Particulate filter ash content 21.4 g/L The DPF may have some funny readings. The inlet and outlet pressure gauges are pegged. The differential pressure sensor showed 0.60 PSI running, 0.37 PSI not running. I’m not sure what they should be normally. Didn’t have time to look at anything else.

    in reply to: JD 5625 tractor broken housing #3131304
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Do you know the model and serial number of the tractor that the used one came off of. If you did, you could look up both tractors and see if they use the same part number. Also see if there are serial number breaks. Look at the John Deere parts catalog here https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/

    in reply to: Cub cadet UTV with Perkins 403c diesel running rough #3129965
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    I had that same problem on a John Deere gator one time. It just wouldn’t stay running. Start and die start and die. I checked fuel, air and all kinds of things. Had about decided that something was wrong inside the engine. Then one time after it died I heard a little hissing coming out of the exhaust system. That is when I found the spark arrestor screen was completely plugged!

    in reply to: Regeneration disabled wheel loader 972m #3130673
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Please post some more information. Like the serial number, and any fault codes it has if you have a way to see them. How where you trying to get it to regen? With a button in the cab or a service tool? Some history about the problem would be helpful also.

    in reply to: John Deere 333G Fault Codes #3130586
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Ok, I’ll look for those values. I probably won’t be out to the machine until next week. I think DL has the DPF recovery function but it is called something else. It says it may take 3 hours to complete. I tried the regular and the recovery regen and it would not do either one. It would just say, “unexpected answer from ECM”. So something is not allowing it to regen. I can clear the Cam DTCs but when you start it they come back and are active. Does not seem to start hard.

    in reply to: John Deere 333G Fault Codes #3130584
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Serial Number is: 1T0333GMERF459028 I use Diesel Laptops. Has anyone been able to take care of the 3719 code with that or do you have to use Service Advisor? Is it at the point where the DPF will need to be removed and cleaned? Was wondering on the Cam DTC. Is it a common code and I just don’t try to solve it? Does it not have anything to do with it not Regening? It had another Cam DTC one time while I was working on it but I didn’t write it down. I think it was the same code just a different FMI. FMI may have been like 13. I’ll check the charge air cooler lines. Does that mess up the air flow through the aftertreatment system?

    in reply to: Antique Cat with a pony motor #3130617
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Sounds interesting. Keep us updated with some pictures!

    in reply to: Devastated I couldn’t save her #3130418
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Sorry for your loss Dave. Life is so short. Death has a way of helping us think about the things that really matter. I have not lost a companion yet, but have lost a baby son. Death is not the end. We can have a great hope to look forward to. May peace and comfort be yours in the mist of the storm.

    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Did the spark arrestor screen fix the problem?

    in reply to: Manual for 1961 Lorain Crane Thew Shovel #3130060
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Neat looking old crane. Hope you can get it going!

    in reply to: 351A Pete #3129900
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Keep the 8V71!

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3093796
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    What was your generator backup power for?

    in reply to: Caterpillar Engine Spacer Plate #3129844
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That makes more sense. So you do not have to machine any on the block, you just replace the spacer plate, unless you have to cut counterbores. If done right it shouldn’t cause trouble. How do liners sink anyway?

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094101
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    Just a suggestion. Don’t just throw away your old engine tools. Some of them are NLA. Advertise them or try to get them in the hands of someone that would still use them. While they may not be use on common things today there are people here and there that still have a need for that stuff from time to time. If you older/experienced guys don’t pass on your knowledge alot of it dies with you. Same with older tools. If you don’t get it in the hands of someone that will use it, your kids won’t know what it is, and it will just go in the trash.

    in reply to: Detroit Diesel Dialogue #3094062
    Mr. Wrench
    Participant

    That was a good video. The best I have ever had it explained. The man really seemed to know what he is doing. From what I could tell it goes in a bus that they turned into a skoolie. Is that the way the Jack brake is usually activated?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 415 total)